1900 McCoy Road, 1981
On December 14, 1954, seven people pooled their knowledge and assets to establish the Pine Castle Air Force Base Federal Credit Union, a military member credit union.
Pine Castle Air Force Base was renamed McCoy Air Force Base in honor of Colonel Michael N.W. McCoy, and the credit union followed suit. From that time, it has been known as McCoy Federal Credit Union.
McCoy Air Force Base was closed.
McCoy Federal became a community chartered credit union serving those who lived and worked in Southside Orlando, between Michigan Street, I-4, Highway 15/15A and South County Line.
McCoy Federal's first branch office, the Curry Ford Office, was opened near the corner of Curry Ford Road and Highway 436.
The Williamsburg Branch Office began as a store front operation on Central Florida Parkway.
The Michigan Street Office located in the Market at Southside is opened.
The Williamsburg Branch Office was relocated to a new building on Central Florida Parkway near Orange Blossom Trail and was renamed as the Central Florida Parkway Office.
McCoy received approval from NCUA to expand its field of membership to accept members who live, work, worship or attend school south of Highway 50 in Orange County, Florida.
McCoy Federal opened its West Orlando Office on L.B. McLeod Road and Kirkman Road.
McCoy opened its sixth office located on Chickasaw Trail in East Orlando at Lake Underhill.
McCoy Federal received approval to expand the membership boundaries to anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in all of Orange County.
By the end of 2003, McCoy opened a new Administrative office building along side a new office location at 41 & 35 West Michigan Street. McCoy's operations located at The Market at Southside was relocated to the new office at 35 West Michigan Street.
Our 7th location is opened in Apopka at 931 N. Park Avenue serving our members in Northwest Orange County.
In December 2006, McCoy received approval from NCUA to expand its field of membership to include Orange, Lake, Seminole and Osceola County, Florida.
Our 8th location was opened near the Loop and Hunter's Creek in the Osceola Corporate Center at 1221 W. Osceola Parkway in Kissimmee.
We opened our 9th location in Clermont in February 2008 to serve our members in Lake County. The Clermont office was originally located at 4300 S. US Hwy 27 at the Legends Pointe Center but was moved in 2014 to 1051 E Hwy 50 (just east of Hwy 27). The new location is a full service branch with easier access and drive thru lanes.
On December 31, 2008, Central Florida Healthcare FCU merged with McCoy which added 14,000 new members and approximately $50 million in assets to our Credit Union.
We opened two new locations serving the Ocoee and Lake Nona areas.
The Aloma location is opened off Aloma Ave just West of the 417.
To better serve our members, the Clermont & Lake Nona offices are relocated to new full-service branches with larger facilities, drive-thrus and easier access.
The Longwood/Lake Mary office opened, a full-service branch serving members in Longwood, Lake Mary and Sanford.
McCoy Federal is one of the largest credit unions in Central Florida with over 63,000 members, assets over $565 million and 14 locations.
1900 McCoy Road, Today